- Senior Lecturer, School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures
Accepting PhD Students
I am happy to discuss supervision of topics in
- 20th- and 21st-century German literature
- gender and masculinity studies
- transcultural literature and culture
- postcolonial studies
- travel and migration writing
- comparative literature with German.
I co-supervised a PhD thesis on contemporary German-Turkish theatre and am currently principal supervisor of a thesis on masculinity and Islam in British transcultural literature and film. I have also supervised MSc dissertations on a number of topics related to comparative literature and theatre studies such as ecofeminist criticism, German-Turkish theatre, North African life-writing, Orientalism/Occidentalism, travel writing, gender and myth, literature and the subaltern, and the Arab Spring.