Cytospin preparations of sheep granulocytes infected with Cytoecetes phagocytophila, the causative agent of tick-borne fever (TBF), enabled the development of an improved and reproducible indirect fluorescent antibody test to detect antibodies in the sera of sheep convalescing from TBF. The test was compared with counter-immunoelectrophoresis.
- Antibodies, Bacterial/analysis
- Fluorescent Antibody Technique
- Rickettsiaceae Infections/immunology
- Rickettsiaceae Infections/veterinary
- Sheep Diseases/immunology