BACKGROUND: Toxoplasmosis led to the death of two Brachyteles arachnoides, an endangered atelid.
METHODS: The diagnosis was established by necropsy, histopathological, immunohistochemical and ultrastructural changes.
RESULTS: The analysis confirms the presence of Toxoplasma gondii.
CONCLUSIONS: This report contributes to the development of protocols for health surveillance on maintenance and conservation of southern muriquis.
|Number of pages||5|
|Journal||Journal of medical primatology|
|Publication status||Published - Apr 2014|
- Animals, Zoo/parasitology
- Conservation of Natural Resources
- Endangered Species
- Fatal Outcome
- Monkey Diseases/diagnosis
- Toxoplasma/isolation & purification
- Toxoplasmosis, Animal/diagnosis