Projects per year
The goal of the verification task was to ensure that the tools:
- respond correctly to a varied set of inputs,
- perform their functions in an acceptable time and reasonable use of the computational resource,
- are adequate in terms of usability, and
- are verified against control data.
The following actions were completed for all tools as part of the verification and are described in detail in this report:
- Definition of the Verification Cases and evaluation criteria
- Organisation of training sessions (for technical and industrial partners)
- Collection of data for each Verification Case
- Running the Verification Cases (by technical and industrial partners)
- Analysis of the results based on quantitative and qualitative assessments
- Creation of a task list of changes that could improve the tool to improve performance
A stable beta version of the available tools is fully documented with a technical manual and a user manual. The tools will be further validated and demonstrated using real data from the first pilot experiences. Overall, according to the quantitative results, the end-users involved in evaluating the Deployment Design tools are satisfied with usability, user-friendliness, performance, and value, with generally high scores for all the modules (in the range of 3-5). There are some exceptions to this, for some categories and some modules highlighted in this report as an improvement area for the next version. The qualitative assessment ensured written feedback was gathered, analysed and turned into guidance for improving the next release of the tools. This guidance identified high priority improvements for the tools: 10 for Site Characterisation; 11 for Machine Characterisation; 7 for Energy Capture; 11 for Energy Transformation; 12 for Energy Delivery; 19 for Station Keeping; and 20 for Logistics and Marine Operations (LMO). These will be implemented in the final release of the DTOceanPlus suite of tools.
|Publication status||Published - 27 Feb 2021|
FingerprintDive into the research topics of 'DTOceanPlus D5.8 Testing and verification results of the Deployment Design tools – beta version'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.
- 1 Finished
1/05/18 → 31/08/21