It covers the following areas:
- Al development and the role of data at each step;
- Data types used in AI development;
- Data characteristics that influence the process or outcome of Al development;
- Socio-ethical, economic and environmental impacts of data in Al;
- Law and transparency as modifiers to impacts of data in Al;
- Availability of accessibility to data for Al development; data quality and challenges in three fields (pandemic response, human language technologies for under-resourced languages, and AI applications in the criminal justice system);
and recommendations on where GPAI could enhance international collaboration on data governance.